Neurologist visit

This smile lights up my world!! After the doctor we always stop at the good ole Cracker Barrel and B had her share of mashed potatoes..yummy..
Dad and B in the DR...

We went to see the neurologist last week and had our 6 month evaluation with our pt..


At the neurologist we talked about B's soft spot on her head being bigger then I thought was normal and her bearing no weight on her legs still..The Dr suggested some blood work to get her thyroid checked and wrote a order to put in the computer to have a MRI of her spinal cord so maybe we could get an answer for the lack of weight bearing..I hate when they make me decide if this is necessary..we did do the blood work already and everything was normal..But we are going to wait on the MRI..


At the pt evaluation,we talked about that B has meet all the goals that were set for her through the last six months and things we wanted to work on in the next six months..We would like her to be able to get into a crawling position and be strong enough to hold this position for a couple minutes..so we are working on all kids of little exercises to get more upper body strength..we talked about some kids never crawl and go straight to walking, this may be the case with B..but we would like to see her crawl..it is very important developmental..


She is making great progress..WITH MUCH EFFORT..I so took for granted with the other girls that they meet all the little milestones and never struggled with anything..I dread taking B to the pediatrician for well checks and answering all the questions about the things she is not yet doing..


Everything Bristol does we get so excited about...no matter how small..we are her cheerleaders and she loves us to say "YYaahhh!!!" she claps her little hands ..we love her sooo...we are so thankful for the joy she brings to our family!!




1 comment:

Julie said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog-I've been abandoning my blog lately...there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in one day. I can so relate to everything you just blogged about! Hate having to make decisions about what is necessary-I also DREAD well baby visits and the questions...I could go on and on...

Bella is the same as your daughter-when we cheer and clap when she does something she just beams! I love it-it's so precious. We did find a doctor that does visual therapy-she is about 1.5 hours away though and out of our ins network-but when it's your daughter you do what you have to do. :) I have the most confidence in her I think after getting 3 differing opinions on her eyes. It's so hard to know who to trust. We see the neurologist in Jan., so I'm sure that will be another stressful time of making more decisions. I can't believe how much I took for granted with my two boys. Keeping you and your family in my prayers...:)